The government have closed schools in the UK for an indefinite period, except for a small number of the children of Key Workers. Sandal will remain open to help support these key workers in their fight against the virus.
School Staff (and Parents/Carers)- looking after yourselves
How to stay safe
The most common symptoms of coronavirus (COVID-19) are a:
- High temperature – this means you feel hot to touch on your chest or back (you do not need to measure your temperature)
- New, continuous cough – this means coughing a lot for more than an hour, or 3 or more coughing episodes in 24 hours (if you usually have a cough, it may be worse than usual)
How to protect yourself and others
- Stay at home
- Only go outside for food, health reasons or essential work
- Stay 2 metres (6ft) away from other people
- Wash your hands as soon as you get home
- Do not leave home if you or someone you live with has any symptoms of coronavirus
- If you are in a high-risk category, stay at home at all times and avoid face-to-face contact for 12 weeks.
How to avoid catching and spreading coronavirus
- Wash your hands with soap and water often – do this for at least 20 seconds
- Use hand sanitiser gel if soap and water are not available
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when you cough or sneeze
- Put used tissues in the bin immediately and wash your hands afterwards
- Do not touch your eyes, nose or mouth if your hands are not clean
- Use phone, online services, or apps to contact your GP surgery or other NHS services
Everyone must follow the latest Government advice on staying at home and away from others.
Please follow the latest NHS advice at: www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/
The following Government guidance includes important advice on how to keep yourself and others safe.